Episode 641: The Art and Science of Improving ANY Skill In Half The Time with Laido Dittmar
Oct 23, 2023
We’ve all heard the phrase, “practice makes perfect”, but in reality, it’s perfect practice that makes progress. Today’s special guest is Laido Dittmar, and he is here to share how you can improve or enhance any skill imaginable by using a better strategy for practice!
Laido is a Cirque du Soleil Performer, coach and author of The Art of Practice, and I can say that this episode is easily one of the most fascinating ones that we’ve ever aired on this podcast. I hope you enjoy listening to Laido as much as I did, because I want you to master the skills that will allow you to help more people, make more money, and to progress in any area of your life that you desire to.
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories and tag us, @jameswedmore , @jeunejenni & @laidodittmar.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The main message Laido shares in his book and what he specializes in with the work that he does today
- His own beginnings with practicing and why he didn’t give up, despite not initially progressing like he wanted to
- The way Laido realized that naturals in any skill think alike and have common behaviors
- Why he says that often just one small shift can change everything in a practice routine, and his simple rules for progressing
- The very first thing that people usually get wrong when aiming for progress in practice
- What Laido says are the top skills that he had to learn in order to get his message out to the world with his own business
- The real difference he has seen between naturals and non-naturals at any skill
- An exercise that Laido does himself in order to maintain focus in his day
- Laido’s purpose in the world and how he is using his work to eliminate injustices that he sees
Laido’s Website & Instagram
Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill