Episode 594: Creating Your First $1 Million Dollar Year
Jan 30, 2023
Today’s episode is a look back at how I created my first $1 million dollar year in business, and we’re doing something a bit different today as returning guest Jennifer Finley is interviewing me! I reveal what it was really like for me during that time, where I struggled the most and why I was stuck for so long, plus the shifts I made to get to that next level and hit 7-figures in revenue. We hope you get value from the lessons I’ve learned on my journey as an entrepreneur, and that you can apply some of what we talk about today to your own life and business!
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag us, @jameswedmore and @jeunejenni!
Business By Design is coming June 1st! To join the priority notification list and to be the first in line when the doors open, go to www.jameswedmore.com/rise!
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to http://jameswedmore.com/itunes, and thanks for your support of this show!
I want to invite you to help contribute to this podcast by submitting a question for a #Q&AEdition of The Mind Your Business Podcast. All you have to do is go to http://jameswedmore.com/QA and record a question (under 4 minutes or less) that could be featured on an upcoming episode.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What my state of mind was like during the early years of struggle starting in business
- An experience I had in 2008 seeing someone who worked less hard than me and was making more, and the impact that this had on me at the time
- What happened in 2011 that showed me I could do it and gave proof for what I was working towards
- A reminder that gratitude and appreciating the journey is so important while building a business
- One of the single biggest reasons I was stuck for so long
- What my upbringing and my father’s perspectives on life taught me about reframing different situations
- Why I strongly believe that success in business can be fast and easy, but how people are making it difficult instead
- The mistake I made in the past of viewing creating a business similar to investing the stock market
- A powerful question asked of me that really started my journey and love for coaching
- Why I view “doing more” as a safety mechanism
- What my team looked like that first year of hitting $1 million in revenue, and what shifted in my routine in mindset that allowed me to get there
- The way I came to realize that building the “machine” of a business is different than maintaining that machine
- What happened in 2016 when I recognized that I had become “The YouTube Guy”
Join The BBD Waitlist!
Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Studio Grow (Lise Kuecker)
Dwight's Coal Walk Scene (The Office)
Behind the Curve (2018 Documentary)
Connect with Jennifer on Instagram
Connect with me on Instagram, Facebook & TikTok